Hyperglance supports several automation actions. The button to run these actions is in the Advanced Search tab. Each action can be applied to a specific entity or a group of entities.
Running an action over a search result
The steps to run an action for a search result are:
- Make sure that the S3 Bucket configuration for the Automation is set.
- Navigate to the "Advanced Search" tab.
- Enter the search parameters. In this example, we will search for EC2 Instances.
- Tick on the checkboxes on the left to select the EC2 Instances where you want to apply the automation. The "Run Action" button should now be enabled.
- Click the "Run Action" button. A popup should appear. You can select the automation from the list that is displayed after clicking on the Automation textbox.
- Let us select "Add Tag". This should display the textbox to enter the parameters. Enter the Key and value of the TAG and click Next.
- The details of the Automation to run are in the confirmation dialog box.
- After clicking "Yes", the status of the automation that is run is shown in the upper right corner of the window.
- You can view the result of the automation in the "Automations" tab.
Running an Action over a Rule search result.
Steps to run an action over a rule search results are
- Select a rule from the Dashboard. We will select the rule EBS Snapshots That Are Not Encrypted.
- In the search result, select the entities where you want to apply the action.
- Click the "Run Action" button and it should display the dialog box below.
- From here, you can follow Step 6 in the previous section.