Understanding how Hyperglance chooses icons
Hyperglance chooses icons based on the 'type' and 'datasource' of nodes/resources.
Here is an example of a node with type 'Load Balancer' belonging to a datasource called 'Admin':
The relationship between types+datasource and icons is defined in a configuration file: /opt/wildfly/standalone/deployments/hyperglance.war/assets/topology_icon_mapping.json
This file has the icon bindings for all datasources. For example here are the icon bindings for the 'Admin' datasource:
Here we can see that any node created by the "Admin" datasource and given a type of "Load Balancer" will use the "load_balancer" icon.
Any node which does not match to an icon binding is given a question mark icon:
How to set icons for topology created by the REST API (HGAPI)
- Remind yourself what the datasource name is for your topology - you registered the datasource name when you created your API key - see: https://<IP_Address>/#/admin/hgapi
- You need to edit the topology_icon_mapping.json file (described above) to add a section for your datasource.
- The easiest way to get started is to copy and paste the section for the "Admin" datasource (shown above) and rename "Admin" to the name of your datasource.
- The file must be a valid JSON format otherwise the Hyperglance client will not function correctly. You can paste it into https://jsonlint.com/ to validate it.
- When making the PUT /topology call, simply set the "type" field of each node to match with an entry in the file and Hyperglance will automatically use the corresponding icon.