This article covers how to deploy Automations from our Github repository and connect them to your Hyperglance instance.
Before you can deploy automations you will need:
- Terraform CLI - Install instructions
- AWS CLI - Install instructions
- Deploying Hyperglance In Your AWS VPC
- IAM permissions configured on the Hyperglance Instance - See below.
The IAM Policy on the Role associated with the Hyperglance EC2 Instance will need the following permissions added:
Follow the pre-requisite steps above.
Connect the AWS CLI to the AWS account that hosts Hyperglance by running: aws configure
Note: You will need an AWS IAM access and secret key.
$ aws configure
AWS Access Key ID [None]: ENTER_YOUR_ACCESS_KEY_HERE
AWS Secret Access Key [None]: ENTER_YOUR_SECRET_KEY_HERE
Default region name [None]: us-east-1
Default output format [None]: json
Clone our repo or download the zip
$ git clone https://github.com/hyperglance/aws-rule-automations.git
Deploy the stack:
Terraform will prompt for the region you wish to deploy to and for final confirmation.
$ cd aws-rule-automations/deployment/terraform/automations
$ terraform init
$ terraform apply
Once complete, the bucket name and lambda function ARN will be returned:
Apply complete! Resources: 8 added, 0 changed, 0 destroyed.
bucket_name = "hyperglance-automations-lucky-marmoset"
lambda_arn = "arn:aws:lambda:us-east-1:0123456789:function:hyperglance-automations-stinky-fish"
The lambda ARN is required to configure automations across accounts
Copy the bucket_name into the Hyperglance UI: Settings ➔ Automations ➔ S3 Bucket Name or visit this URL: https://your-hyperglance-ip/#/admin/automations
Note: Leave the 'Role ARN' field blank. This is only needed if you deploy the stack to a different AWS account from the Hyperglance Instance.
That's it - Automations are now enabled!
- Within Hyperglance click on any rule or visit the Advanced Search page to start exploring automations features.
- If you need automations to run on resources from other AWS Accounts then continue on to follow our multi-account guide below.