The Hyperglance appliance is provided in qcow2 format for ease of deployment. The image can be found here: http://cdn.hyperglance.com/Hyperglance-OpenStack-Marketplace.qcow2
See below for detailed installation instructions using OpenStack Horizon.
1. Logon to OpenStack Horizon
2. Go to the ‘Images’ section
3. Select ‘Create Image’
4. Fill out the required fields.
Input http://cdn.hyperglance.com/Hyperglance-OpenStack-Marketplace.qcow2 into the ‘Image Location field’. If Horizon doesn’t automatically recognize the format select ‘QCOW2’. When everything is completed select ‘Create Image’
5. OpenStack will copy over the image. Wait until ‘Saving’ turns to ‘Active’.
6. Go to Projects/Instances and select ‘Launch Instance’
7. Fill out ‘Details’ tab with the following
a. Flavor should be at least m1.small
b. ‘Instance Boot Source’ should be ‘Boot from Image’
c. ‘Image Name’ should be whatever you chose as the Hyperglance image name
Once these have been filled out go to ‘Access & Security’
8. NOTE: Users connect to Hyperglance via HTTP port 8080 or HTTPS port 8443. As a minimum you should include one of these ports in the security group you choose. You also may want to include port 22 for SSH and select a ‘Key Pair’. Once filled out continue to ‘Networking’.
9. Choose a relevant network so you can connect to Hyperglance and Hyperglance can connect to any OpenStack deployment you wish to visualize and manage. After you have chosen the network select ‘Launch’ to start the Hyperglance Image.
10. OpenStack will spawn the instance. Wait until the task changes to ‘Active’
11. If you need to assign a floating IP to connect to Hyperglance do this now.
12. Select your instance and go to ‘Log’ and ‘Console’ to check if the instance has booted successfully.
13. Navigate to Instance ‘Overview’ and note the assigned IP address. We will use this to connect to Hyperglance.
14. Navigate to to Compute/Access & Security/ API Access and note down the ‘Identity’ Service Endpoint of the OpenStack deployment you wish to Visualize monitor and manage. We will enter this in the Hyperglance admin page so Hyperglance knows how to connect.
15. Open up another browser page and enter https://hyperglance_ip_address:8443/#/admin. (note the ‘/#/admin’ at the end of the URL). Ignore the standard warnings and proceed to the Hyperglance login.
16. Enter the default credentials.
a. Username: admin
b. Pasword: admin
17. You will be taken to the Hyperglance admin page. Select OpenStack from the left-hand column.
18. Click "Add Record" and enter in an Alias for your Tenant, the Keystone URL, an alias for the OpenStack deployment and the username/password for the Tenant you wish Hyperglance to use. You can read more about adding credentials to Hyperglance.
19. After successful entry the record will appear in the table with a green tick.
20. Click on the "Topology" button in the top-right corner of the admin page and after a few moments you will see your topology. If you see a blank screen then click on the ‘Home’ button at the bottom left hand of the page.
You have now successfully configured the Hyperglance integration for OpenStack.