Getting Started with the HGAPI (Hyperglance REST API)
Modified on: Tue, 2 Oct, 2018 at 10:47 AM
Step 1 - Register a datasource name for your 'app' to get an API key
- Visit: https://IP_Address/#/admin/hgapi
- Click 'Register App'
- Enter a Datasource name. It should be unique, short & succinct. It should neatly tells us the 'source' of the data. E.g. "OracleDB". It will be used later in API calls and visible in the Hyperglance user-interface.
- Enter an Label. This can be a more lengthy description and will only be displayed on this page. E.g. "The Oracle 10g database for the CRM"
- Click Submit to be given an API key. <--- Keep this key secure!
Step 2 - Download our sample Python3 scripts
- Download from here. <--- Make sure to download the version that matches to your version of Hyperglance!
Step 3 - Configure config.py
- Open config.py in a text editor
- At the top of file set the DATASOURCE and API_KEY values to your datasource and API key that you created in step 1.
- Set the HGS_URL to point to your running Hyperglance instance.
Step 4 - Run create_topology.py
- From the commandline: python create_topology.py
- From IDLE (Windows): Right click -> Edit in IDLE -> Run -> Run Module
Step 5 - View your topology in Hyperglance
- This could take up to a minute before it is visible in Hyperglance.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.